Methylsulfonylmethane also known as dimethyl sulfone or MSM, is an organic sulfur found in animals, humans and many plants. MSM is taken as a supplement to improve immune function, lower inflammation and repair damaged tissue. Biologically active sulfur is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body and is a critical nutrient for our bodies to remain youthful and energetic.
Biologically active sulfur in a critical nutrient for our bodies and helps us stay youthful and energetic. MSM is found in the adrenal cortex, cerebral spinal fluid and connective tissues. As we age our cells become damaged, our joints become stiff, our skin loses its youthful appearance and our energy levels decline. Unlike most sulfurs, MSM is orderless and tasteless. Many whole foods like, broccoli, cabbage, eggs, and brussels sprouts contain sulfur, however, if they are not fresh, or if they have been cooked, most of the sulfur is destroyed.
10 Benefits of taking MSM
- Reduces inflammation and can help alleviate the pain and swelling due to inflammation in patients suffering from:
- Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
- Bursitis or tendinitis
- Muscle cramps
- Improves the health and appearance of your skin. MSM is necessary for collagen formation. Taking MSM can help improve:
- Scar tissue
- Stretch marks
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Dark spots or sun damage
- Improves digestion by helping to rebuild the lining of the digestive tract and reduce food allergies. MSM can help with:
- Chronic constipation
- Improves flexibility by restoring tissue damage and reducing inflammation
- Detoxifies the body by increasing cell permeability which allows the toxins and metabolic waste to be easily removed and allowing nutrients and hydration to enter the cells.
- Helps the body adapt to stress
- Reduces muscle pain by helping the body eliminate lactic acid following an intense workout.
- Strengthens hair and nails by boosting the body’s production of collagen and keratin, two nutrients critical for growing hair and rebuilding strong nails.
- Increases energy levels
- Treat hemorrhoids. MSM used with tea tree oil can reduce the pain and inflammation of hemorrhoids.
- May help boost your immune system by reducing inflammation and increasing levels of glutathione
- May help reduce allergy symptoms including coughing, congestion and sneezing
MSM is just one supplement that can help reduce the signs and symptoms of aging. The physicians at the Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic understand you body must obtain and absorb the right nutrients so you can perform at peak efficiency. Using the most advanced methods for nutritional testing, the experts at the Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic can determine your nutritional deficiencies and help you develop a customized supplement plan.
After comprehensive testing, the anti-aging experts at the Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic will develop a customized treatment plan specific to your goals and needs. Treatment at the Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic may include:
- Bio-available supplements
- Medical foods
- Nutrient injections
- IV treatments
- Raw foods
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you live your best life.