We all age and we are all susceptible to age-related disorders including: cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, neurodegeneration, arthritis, and cancer. In our early 30’s our hormone levels begin to decline, and as a result so do our bodies. Lean muscle declines, cells malfunction, our metabolism slows, memory declines and our energy level falls. Optimizing our hormone levels can help slow the signs and symptoms of aging, resulting in increased strength and endurance, improved cognitive function and greater overall health.
Human growth hormone (HGH), also known as somatotropin can significantly improve the signs and symptoms associated with aging. HGH is a stress hormone produced by the pituitary gland to stimulate cell regeneration, growth and maintenance. It is critical to maintaining bones, muscles, organs, tissue and heart function. Growth hormone raises the concentration of glucose and free fatty acids and stimulates the production of IGF-1, which stimulates growth in a variety of tissues including bone.
The role of HGH:
- Increases muscle mass
- Promotes the breakdown of fats and lipids
- Increases cell production and regeneration
- Stimulates the growth of organs
- Stimulates the immune system
- Helps maintain the balance of physiologic processes
- Reduces liver uptake of glucose
- Helps maintain pancreatic islets
- Promotes the synthesis of glucose in the liver from non-carbohydrate sources
- Increases calcium retention and strengthens mineralization of bone
The Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic, the most experienced Age Management Clinic in Latin America prescribes pharmaceutical grade synthetic HGH. Synthetic HGH has been reviewed and approved by the FDA to be safe and effective for specific uses in children and adults. Supplements that claim to increase the production of HGH, sold by stores and less reputable anti-aging clinics, are essentially unregulated by the U.S. federal government and may be ineffective and sometimes dangerous.
Concerns regarding HGH supplements:
- The FDA is not authorized to review dietary supplement products for safety and effectiveness before they are marketed.
- HGH supplements are not FDA approved. There are no well controlled studies proving these products are safe and effective.
- The Federal Trade Commission has seen no reliable evidence to support the claim that these products have the same effects as prescription HGH, which is always given by injection.
- HGH taken orally must first be digested by the stomach before it can be absorbed into the body.
- An increasing number of supplements contain banned, or completely untested ingredients not listed on the product label.
- If you do not get a prescription for HGH from your physician, or do not purchase HGH directly from your physician, you may not be getting an FDA approved product. When you purchase the drug illicitly or without a prescription you may be receiving a counterfeit product.
The use of HGH for anti-aging is not yet FDA-approved in the United States making it difficult for patients in the United States to receive a prescription for pharmaceutical grade synthetic HGH. It is for this reason many physicians develop and sell oral HGH supplements; however, oral HGH supplements can be risky. The active ingredients may have little effect or it may have serious and unwanted biological effects on the human body, especially when combined with medications and other supplements.
Growth hormone production begins to decline in your 20’s and early 30’s resulting in decreased energy, reduced muscle mass, weight gain, dry skin, thinning hair, wrinkles and sexual dysfunction. Based on specialized testing, individual risk assessment and a personal health history, the experts at the Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic can develop a customized health plan for you that will slow down the aging process and help you achieve your optimal health. To see if you can benefit from human growth hormone injections, contact us the Anti-Aging and Wellness Clinic today.